Monday, August 6, 2018

The start of something new



Welcome to Lovecraft Zone, a new blog covering the life, stories and other media surrounding the works of Howard Phillips Lovecraft. This site aims to become a well-stocked larder of the strange and disturbing. Leave your sanity at the door and join us for the upcoming ride.

So who’s behind this blog? A horror buff, literary enthusiast, gamer, graphic designer, movie lover and professional weirdo. As a child, I was obsessed with the dark and spooky. From a collection of well-thumbed Goosebumps books, moving on to the works of Stephen King and of course the subject of this blog, H.P. Lovecraft.

An avid cinephile, I have absorbed masses of horror movies and my gaming time is filled with exploring the darker places of the virtual universe. Always leaning towards the Lovecraftian inspired when I consume these.

The eldritch influences have bled into my work as a graphic designer too. Finding inspiration in every story I read I have come to create many designs based upon or inspired by Lovecraft’s works. I hope to share some of these designs on this blog at a later date.

I created this blog as an outlet and a place to explore and write about the works of the man who has inspired me so much. I am looking forward to sharing my musings and observations with all of my newfound blog friends. Over time growing this site into a valuable resource for the community.

If you love cosmic horror, tentacles and small towns that stink of fish, this is the place for you. Cthulhu fans rejoice! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

We’re going to be delving deep into all things Lovecraft. Literature, movies, television, video games, board games, art. Everything Lovecraftian and Lovecraft related. There is such a breadth and depth to the mythos and everything surrounding it. We have a lot to explore and I’m sure even the most die-hard fans will find something new and useful here over time.

As a new blog, there isn’t much content here! Over the next few months, that will change as more articles are added and the site gets fleshed out. I hope you’ll consider following along on our little journey from zeros in the world of eldritch bloggers. Long term I’d like to start adding product reviews (there are so many amazing board games just begging for some blog time), mythos inspired short stories and guest posts from the many other fantastic members of this community.

Is there a specific topic you would like to see explored? Do you produce an awesome Lovecraftian product you’d like to see featured? Or even if you’ve just seen something cool you think would fit here, then get in touch. As a new blogger, I am all ears when it comes to hearing what sort of content my readers would like to see.
You can find Lovecraft Zone on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/LovecraftZone so don’t be shy, reach out with a direct message and let’s chat.

Thanks for reading, and remember to check back soon.

Cthulhu fhtagn!

No comments:

Post a Comment